EP133: Pernille Hughes – A Star In Sweatpants Is Born
Pernille Hughes brings the funny with her debut novel Sweatpants at Tiffanie’s. To add to the joy, Pernille is one of our listeners and we trace her journey from sharing a photocopier with a Teletubbie to a deal with Harper Impulse.
In this episode you will discover…
- Why good comedy writing involves smoothing outlayers and banging your head against a table
- How to get an agent with nothing more than a spreadsheet, Twitter, determination and a bit of nerve
- Why an editing can mean loosening the seams and being bold (following a bratty sulk) and having faith in the process
Here are some of the links we talked about in the show…
- Wishful Inkers: http://wishfulinkers.org/ebook
- National Centre for Writing podcast: https://nationalcentreforwriting.org.uk/article/writing-a-bestseller-with-mark-stay/
BUY Back to Reality – the novel from the Podcast
Find out more at https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality
Thanks for listening and joining us. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
SPREAD THE LOVE
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Please do subscribe on iTunes and leave an honest review for The Bestseller Experiment Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. Don’t forget, when subscribing to the show on iTunes you will get automatic updates.
If you have any questions, you can contact us here.
Back to Reality – the Novel – BUY HERE
Scrivener – Software for Writing (20% off – use coupon BESTSELLERXP)
Unbound and The End of Magic: Web Site
Links featured in today’s show:
Bestseller Experiment’s Vault of Gold. Sign up to get your free Writer’s ebook
Question Mark: Have a question you want answered on the show? Click here.
SHARE THE PODCAST WITH A FRIEND
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BESTSELLER EXPERIMENT PODCAST!