EP232: Keith A Pearson – Do The Opposite & Sell 100k
Keith published his first book as part of a drunken bet. There was no big plan and, by his own admission, he knew nothing of publishing and broke all the rules and made every mistake. And yet, just three years later, he has sold over 100,000 copies of his books and regularly tops the bestseller lists. Keith takes us through his extraordinary career so far and tells us why marketing books is like selling Victoria Sponges…
In This Episode You Will Discover…
- Why knowing who you’re writing for is so important
- The marketing basics that every author needs to get right
- And why you don’t need Amazon and Facebook ads to sell books
Here are some of the links we talked about in the show…
- Back to Reality is now available on Audible!
- Here from Audible.com
- And here from Audible UK
- Get 20% off PROWRITING AID here!
- Register now for our next Live Show. Join us on Tuesday 8th October… https://www.patreon.com/posts/29956732
- Support us on Patreon and join our exclusive Facebook Group: https://www.patreon.com/bestsellerexperiment
- Buy Back to Reality: https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality/
- Support Jenni Desvaux’s book The Very Last Monster Book: http://lastmonsters.com
- Buy The End of Magic: https://markstaywrites.com/the-end-of-magic/
- Mr. Stay’s Writer Services: https://markstaywrites.com/writer-services/
- The Ben Aaronovitch episode: https://bestsellerexperiment.com/ep22-ben-aaronovitch-great-bollocking/
BUY Back to Reality – the novel from the Podcast
Find out more at https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality
Thanks for listening and joining us. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
SPREAD THE LOVE
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Please do subscribe on iTunes and leave an honest review for The Bestseller Experiment Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. Don’t forget, when subscribing to the show on iTunes you will get automatic updates.
If you have any questions, you can contact us here.
Back to Reality – the Novel – BUY HERE
Links featured in today’s show:
Bestseller Experiment’s Vault of Gold. Sign up to get your free Writer’s ebook
Question Mark: Have a question you want answered on the show? Click here.
SHARE THE PODCAST WITH A FRIEND
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BESTSELLER EXPERIMENT PODCAST!