EP303: Mark Stay and The Crow Folk
Some chancer called Mark Stay hijacks the podcast to shamelessly plug his new novel The Crow Folk. He gets all evasive about listener questions, refuses to discuss his murky past and almost storms out of the show… three times. Nevertheless, Mark Desvaux manages to pin him down and gets the answers we all want, not least: how can I get a bar of that Crow Folk chocolate? We also have an exclusive clip from The Crow Folk audiobook read by Candida Gubbins. Many thanks to Simon & Schuster UK for the clip.
- Choosing and developing ideas
- Working with agents and editors
- Writing non-sweary period dialogue
- Comparing Mr Stay’s experiences in traditional publishing, self-publishing and crowdfunding
- And how you really can get your hands on that chocolate…
Here are some of the links we talked about in the show…
- Here are the details for Mr Stay’s launch party on 4th February: https://witchesofwoodville.com/you-are-cordially-invited-to-the-launch-of-the-crow-folk/
- Join him on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1741764076123984/posts/2636076690026047/
- Join him on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pa-xPRQQoc
- THE BESTSELLER ACADEMY: bestsellerexperiment.com/academy
- Sign up to the BXP2020 Challenge here: https://bestsellerexperiment.com/bxp2020/
- Here’s the BXP2020 Word Bank: https://bestsellerexperiment.com/bxp2020-word-count/
- Support us on Patreon and join our exclusive Facebook Group: https://www.patreon.com/bestsellerexperiment
- Back to Reality is now available on Audible!
- Here from Audible.com
- And here from Audible UK
- Buy Back to Reality: https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality/
- Support Jenni Desvaux’s book The Very Last Monster Book: http://lastmonsters.com
BUY Back to Reality – the novel from the Podcast
Find out more at https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality
Thanks for listening and joining us. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
SPREAD THE LOVE
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Please do subscribe on iTunes and leave an honest review for The Bestseller Experiment Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. Don’t forget, when subscribing to the show on iTunes you will get automatic updates.
If you have any questions, you can contact us here.
Back to Reality – the Novel – BUY HERE
Bestseller Experiment: Facebook | Twitter (@bestsellerxp) | Instagram | Pinterest
Mark Stay: Contact | Twitter | Mark Stay Writes Blog
Mark Desvaux: Contact |Web Site | Facebook | Twitter
Links featured in today’s show:
Bestseller Experiment’s Vault of Gold. Sign up to get your free Writer’s ebook
Question Mark: Have a question you want answered on the show? Click here.
SHARE THE PODCAST WITH A FRIEND
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BESTSELLER EXPERIMENT PODCAST!
We talk about our personal goals for 2019 and reveal our new insane challenge for 2019… and once again we’re inviting our listeners to beat us to it.