EP131: Sam Missingham – A massive boot up the arse for publishing
Sam Missingham fell in love with the quirks of the publishing industry when she started working at The Bookseller over a decade ago. Since then she has worked at HarperCollins as head of audience development, and now runs The Lounge, a marketing resource for writers. With an outsider’s perspective, she has been a pioneer of change in how publishers view digital sales and marketing…
In this episode you will discover…
- Changes in the publishing industry and what lays ahead in the future
- How to reach 26 million people with a budget of £150
- How organisations like The Alliance of Independent Authors can help you
- How you can use The Lounge to market your books
- And what it takes to be an “empowered author”.
Here are some of the links we talked about in the show…
- The Bookseller: https://www.thebookseller.com/ and https://twitter.com/thebookseller
- Futurebook: https://www.thebookseller.com/futurebook/ and https://twitter.com/TheFutureBook
- Sam’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/samatlounge
- The Lounge: http://www.lounge-books.com/subscribe/ and https://twitter.com/lounge_books
- Lounge Marketing: http://www.loungemarketing.com/free-newsletter/
- The Alliance of Independent Authors: https://www.allianceindependentauthors.org/
- Dreadit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dreadit/
BUY Back to Reality – the novel from the Podcast
Find out more at https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality
Thanks for listening and joining us. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
SPREAD THE LOVE
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Please do subscribe on iTunes and leave an honest review for The Bestseller Experiment Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. Don’t forget, when subscribing to the show on iTunes you will get automatic updates.
If you have any questions, you can contact us here.
Back to Reality – the Novel – BUY HERE
Scrivener – Software for Writing (20% off – use coupon BESTSELLERXP)
Unbound and The End of Magic: Web Site
Links featured in today’s show:
Bestseller Experiment’s Vault of Gold. Sign up to get your free Writer’s ebook
Question Mark: Have a question you want answered on the show? Click here.
SHARE THE PODCAST WITH A FRIEND
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BESTSELLER EXPERIMENT PODCAST!