EP151: Matthew Reilly – How To Sell 8 Million Books Out of the Back of Your Car
Matthew Reilly self-published his first novel when he was 19, selling copies from the back of his car. Now with 8 million books sold he tops the bestseller charts worldwide and continues to thrill readers with his epic adventures. We spoke to him about his amazing career and we got answers for your listener questions.
In this episode you will discover…
- Matthew’s fantastic tips for research
- Why cover art is important to your brand
- Why you should write your own blurb and copy
- And why all titles are meaningless!
Here are some of the links we talked about in the show…
- Support us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/bestsellerexperiment
- Support Jenni Desvaux’s book The Very Last Monster Book: http://lastmonsters.com
- Pre-order The End of Magic: https://unbound.com/books/end-of-magic/
- Back to Reality: https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality/
- Scrivener: https://www.literatureandlatte.com/
- Damonza: https://damonza.com/bestsellerxp/
- Damonza (10% off all packages with code bestsellerxp): https://damonza.com/bestsellerxp/
- Matthew Reilly’s website: http://matthewreilly.com/
- Matthew Reilly’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/Matthew_Reilly
- The screenplay to Matthew’s short film Rewind: http://matthewreilly.com/wp-content/uploads/rewind.pdf
BUY Back to Reality – the novel from the Podcast
Find out more at https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality
Thanks for listening and joining us. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
SPREAD THE LOVE
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Please do subscribe on iTunes and leave an honest review for The Bestseller Experiment Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. Don’t forget, when subscribing to the show on iTunes you will get automatic updates.
If you have any questions, you can contact us here.
Back to Reality – the Novel – BUY HERE
Scrivener – Software for Writing (20% off – use coupon BESTSELLERXP)
Unbound and The End of Magic: Web Site
The Very Last Monster Book – Jennifer Desvaux: http://lastmonsters.com
WIN! A professionally designed Book Cover Package (Print and ebook) worth $595 from Damonza.com https://bestsellerexperiment.com/cover/
10% off all packages with code bestsellerxp www.damonza.com/bestsellerxp
Links featured in today’s show:
Bestseller Experiment’s Vault of Gold. Sign up to get your free Writer’s ebook
Question Mark: Have a question you want answered on the show? Click here.
SHARE THE PODCAST WITH A FRIEND
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BESTSELLER EXPERIMENT PODCAST!