EP167: One Page Punch-Ups with Emad Akhtar
In the very first of our One Page Punch-Up specials we asked our Patreon Chart Topper supporters to send us one page from their work-in-progress and we gave them to Orion Editorial Director Emad Akhtar to critique them. The standard of writing was really high and you can read along by downloading the PDFs here…
In This Episode You Will Discover
- How to best use modifiers in a sentence
- How you can walk the fine line between clarity and confusion in prose
- The importance of conflict in your scenes
- And how much onomatopoeia is too much onomatopoeia?
Here are some of the links we talked about in the show…
- Support us on Patreon and join our exclusive Facebook Group: https://www.patreon.com/bestsellerexperiment
- Back to Reality: https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality/
- How to gift a Kindle book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201964280
- Support Jenni Desvaux’s book The Very Last Monster Book: http://lastmonsters.com
- Pre-order The End of Magic: https://markstaywrites.com/the-end-of-magic/
- Join Mark Stay at his launch event: https://www.facebook.com/events/956401384569002/
- Scrivener (20% off with the code bestsellerxp): https://www.literatureandlatte.com/
- Damonza (10% off all packages with code bestsellerxp): https://damonza.com/bestsellerxp/
- Join Mark Stay at the How To Get Published one-day masterclass at Foyles, Charing Cross Road (get 10% off with the code TBE20) https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/how-to-get-published-tickets-39261031803
- Blog post on joining our Facebook Group: https://bestsellerexperiment.com/join-our-private-bestseller-writers-group/
BUY Back to Reality – the novel from the Podcast
Find out more at https://bestsellerexperiment.com/backtoreality
Thanks for listening and joining us. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below.
SPREAD THE LOVE
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
SUBSCRIBE, RATE & REVIEW ON ITUNES
Please do subscribe on iTunes and leave an honest review for The Bestseller Experiment Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and we read each and every one of them. Don’t forget, when subscribing to the show on iTunes you will get automatic updates.
If you have any questions, you can contact us here.
Back to Reality – the Novel – BUY HERE
Scrivener – Software for Writing (20% off – use coupon BESTSELLERXP)
Unbound and The End of Magic: Web Site
The Very Last Monster Book – Jennifer Desvaux: http://lastmonsters.com
WIN! A professionally designed Book Cover Package (Print and ebook) worth $595 from Damonza.com https://bestsellerexperiment.com/cover/
10% off all packages with code bestsellerxp www.damonza.com/bestsellerxp
Links featured in today’s show:
Bestseller Experiment’s Vault of Gold. Sign up to get your free Writer’s ebook
Question Mark: Have a question you want answered on the show? Click here.
SHARE THE PODCAST WITH A FRIEND
SUBSCRIBE TO THE BESTSELLER EXPERIMENT PODCAST!